Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Again, I have been a bit shitty about updating this thing. Truth is, I have been stuck in a bit of a crappy cycle which has left me somewhat bedraggled. And sad. Recently, well since around February, I have had an overwhelming sense of demoralisation and sadness. This, I think stemmed from my taking up Photojourn. Although it is fun, do not get that wrong, it often means taking something you love and simply doing it over and over again. It becomes frustrating to be able to portray the world through a lens in a million different ways and yet still have the energy and the drive to do it again the next day. It saps the life from you, slowly but surely. There seems to be no end and no point, almost. A waste of time, some might say. Then I went on a 5 day trip with the rest of my class and had quite a blast, to say the least. It inspired my work again and stirred the fervor within me that I had been lacking so dearly. What one does not account for, unfortunately is the consequences of my conscious decision to give up. Don't give up. It sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment